Life Insurance Policy Locator
Brighthouse Financial is participating in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Life Insurance Policy Locator Service. Through this service, NAIC can assist in locating life insurance policies and annuity contracts of a loved one. When a request is received, the NAIC will:
- Ask participating companies, including Brighthouse Financial, to search their records to determine whether they have a life insurance policy or annuity contract in the name of the deceased.
- Ask participating companies that have policy information to respond to the requester if the requester is the designated beneficiary or is authorized to receive information.
Policy Finder FAQs:
- What is the purpose of the Life Insurance Policy Locator Service?
- Who may use the Life Insurance Policy Locator Service?
- Where can I find information to complete the request?
- How do I submit a request?
- Is there a fee to submit a request?
- Is there a limit to how many requests I can submit?
- What happens after a request is submitted?
- Which life insurance and annuity companies are participating?
- How will I know if a life insurance policy or annuity contract has been found?
- How long will it take for a company to contact me?
- What if I need additional assistance to resolve an issue with an insurance company?
To learn more about Brighthouse Financial's products and services, visit: