- 2-Minute Video
- Mar 12, 2019
Pursuing Passions: The Swimmers
Watch how The Harlem Honeys & Bears synchronized swim team is changing lives and winning hearts in retirement.
- Team name: The Harlem Honeys & Bears Swim Team
- Founded: 1979
- Signature moves: Pyramid, Sailor’s Delight, Accordion
- Proudest achievement: Empire State Senior Games champions in synchronized swimming
- How they give back: Weekly “Youth Learn to Swim” program offering free lessons
- Critical skill: Trusting your teammates
- Unexpected upside: Inspiring people of all ages to learn to swim and stay active
- Oldest team member: Latisse, 96
- Retired professions: Biology teacher, dental hygienist, stay-at-home mom, police officer, nurse
They’ve done it – now it’s your turn. Get advice from three people doing what they love on how to find deep and lasting fulfillment in retirement.