- Aug 10, 2020
How Much Do You Know About Retirement Income?
Test your knowledge and explore some ways guaranteed income in retirement can help you meet your goals.
In an ever-changing retirement landscape, it’s helpful to have a clearer picture of some of the latest retirement income planning information and trends. Your answers to this quiz can help you determine if your retirement income strategy is on track or if changes are needed to ensure that you won’t outlive your assets.
What we learned:
- You may need your retirement savings to last for at least 20 years
- Most experts recommend replacing at least 80% of your pre-retirement income
- For many, Social Security benefits typically replace about 40% of pre-retirement income
- Experts typically suggest having 25-30% of your portfolio in guaranteed lifetime income
Use our Annuity Selector Tool to explore which options align with your financial goals to help support a conversation about annuities with your financial professional.
- How can I boost my retirement income?
- How much money do I need for retirement?
- What are some sources of retirement income?